Homepage-v - Seaton Delaval Photograph Album

Go to content

Main menu:


Seaton Delaval Photograph Album


Village Old Map

 

Seaton Delaval is the largest of the five villages in Seaton Valley in Northumberland. Prior to 1820 it was a small community with just over 240 inhabitants. Work began in 1841 to sink the modern pits and by 1844 the population had risen to about 1,500 occupying about 275 houses. Now Seaton Delelaval has a population of 4,500.
The Webmaster wishes to point out that this hand-drawn map and many photographs plus information about the village are from the collect of the late village historian Mr 'Tot' Allan



 
Back to content | Back to main menu