Herbert Delaval Window (1) - Seaton Delaval Photograph Album

Go to content

Main menu:

 

Hurbert Delaval Window (1)

 
 
 
 


The first window on the right-hand side was erected in 1902 by the parishioners of Seaton, on the 800th anniversary of the church. It shows Hubert Delaval, nephew by marriage of William of Normandy, who built the church in 1102. At the top it states that it was consecrated by the Bishop of Durham (Bishop Flambard). At the base it shows the coat of arms of the Delavals.


 
 
 
 
Back to content | Back to main menu